The strips provide a fast, convenient way of testing urine for the presence and concentration of acetoacetic acid (ketone). This substance when found in the urine provides information on carbohydrate and fat metabolism. Acetoacetic acid can be found in the urine from diabetics and is more commonly referred to as a “ketone body.”
Use of Ketostix Reagent Strips can alert you and your doctor or diabetes educator to changes in your condition for which adjustments in your diet and/or medication may be needed. Carefully follow the testing schedule your doctor or educator establishes.
· Ketostix Reagent Strips are for in vitro diagnostic use.
· Dip-and-read test for ketone in urine.
· Keep your fingers or other objects from touching the reagent area before testing.
· Do not use product (opened or unopened) after expiration date. Use of strips beyond the expiration date may yield low results.
· Store at room temperatures between 59°-86° F. Do not store the bottle in direct sunlight. Use only if tamper evident seals on this carton are intact.
· Replace cap immediately and tightly.
· Do not remove desiccant from bottle.
· Read enclosed directions carefully.
· Use within 6 months of opening.
Bayer Healthcare Llc
BOX, 50 PER BOX, 24 BOXES PER CASE